BLOG: Using Intuitive for PaperCut dashboards to provide greater visibility of printing activity
As we continue our Use Case blog series, we’ll look at how Intuitive for PaperCut dashboards can help identify opportunities for digital transformation. Using a series of Customer Use Cases, we’ll present real-life examples of where we’ve worked with customers to better understand their print/scan/copy usage and the next steps.
This fourth use case is from a Further Education college that installed the Intuitive for PaperCut dashboards to provide greater visibility of their printing activity, as well as to look at better use of the existing printers and to look at costs across different departments. After the dashboards had been installed for a few months, the account team conducted a thorough review of the print dashboard data with the customer.
The Business Issue
- High-volume print users were printing on local MFDs rather than the fit-for-purpose Production Printer.
- The Finance team were using an expensive desktop printer for tens of thousands of pages when there was a more cost-effective MFD close to their office.
- A large number of students were spending more than £30 on print over a period of months when their term cost should be no more than £12 each.
- The Volume Analysis dashboard showed that the college overall had increased their print volumes by 50% in comparison between 2022 and 2021.
- The Printer Analysis dashboard showed local MFDs doing a huge amount of print volume over the recommended amount that the device is advised to handle.
The Transformation Opportunity
- Share the Cost Summary and Environmental Summary data to send to the relevant people to raise awareness of print costs and the environmental impact of their printing.
- Ensure high-volume print jobs are routed to the correct printer.
- Encourage the Finance team to use the MFD for their printing.
- Ensure print cost limits are set in the print management software to avoid student print overspend.
- Regular review of print volumes to track usage and use print management software to enforce cost-effective printing (duplex, mono) to contain costs.
Find out more about Intuitive Dashboards
Interested to find out more? Find out about our latest release of Intuitive for PaperCut MF.
Contact your nearest Authorised Solution Centre today.